1. What is Folk Art?
2. Give a brief history of Folk Art.
3. List the basic materials required for Folk Art.
4. Know and adhere to all safety considerations when doing Folk Art.
5. Explain how to care for brushes.
6. Explain how to prepare various types of surfaces for painting.
7. Demonstrate how to trace and transfer designs onto the project.
8. Explain and demonstrate special effects used in base coating.
9. Demonstrate the following:
a. The basic strokes using a round brush as well as loading, tipping and side loading.
b. The basic strokes using a flat brush as well as loading and tipping, blending, double loading and floats.
c. How to use dots for filler flowers and lace.
d. How to use a stipple brush for flower centres and teddy bears.
e. How to use basic brush strokes to create flowers and leaves.
f. How to finish the project using sealers.
10. Complete at least two Folk Art projects.
11. Who did God give special wisdom in all artistic work for the construction of the sanctuary in the wilderness? Give the Bible reference. Briefly describe its construction.
12. List five (5) Bible symbols or motifs that could be incorporated into Folk Art.
13. How can Folk Art be used as a witness of God’s goodness?
14. What is the Book of Kells? How is it relevant to Folk Art?
Last modified on 7 January 2015, at 13:46