|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Soap Craft (South Pacific Division)
|Soap Craft (South Pacific Division)|
| South Pacific Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 1964
- 1 1. What is soap and how is it made?
- 2 2a. What "alkali metal" is used in soap?
- 3 2b. In what way does it affect the soap texture?
- 4 3. What is the fatty acid?
- 5 4a What is a detergent?
- 6 4b What is its relation to soap?
- 7 4c. Relate the advantages of a detergent and the disadvantages of soap.
- 8 5a Name some of the cleaning aids added to soap mixtures.
- 9 b. What makes soap float?
- 10 c. What makes soap hard?
- 11 6. Name four methods or formulas used in making soap transparent.
- 12 7. Name five uses of Quaternary ammonium compounds.
- 13 8. Carve an object from a bar of soap; decorate a bar of soap for a gift.
- 14 9. Complete a or b.
- 15 10a. Explain two methods of making soap.
- 16 10b. Make a batch of soap by one of these methods.
- 17 References
Earning this honor meets a requirement for:
This Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award.
1. What is soap and how is it made?
Soap is a natural fatty substance which has been reacted /mixed with lye.
2a. What "alkali metal" is used in soap?
2b. In what way does it affect the soap texture?
3. What is the fatty acid?
4a What is a detergent?
A detergent is any type of cleaner which doesn't contain / have soap as its main ingredient.