|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/First aid/Shock
Shock is a medical condition where the the delivery of oxygen and nutrients is insufficient to meet the body's needs. The main carrier of oxygen and nutrients in the body is the blood, so anytime there is a loss of blood, there is a risk of shock. Shock is a life-threatening emergency.
First aid treatment of shock includes:
- Immediate reassurance and comforting the victim if conscious.
- If alone, go for help. If not, send someone to go for help and someone stay with the victim.
- Ensure that the airway is clear and assess breathing. Place the victim in the recovery position if possible.
- Attempt to stem any obvious bleeding.
- Cover the victim with a blanket or jacket, but not too thick or it may cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure.
- Do not give a drink, moisten lips if requested.
- Prepare for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Give as much information as possible when the ambulance arrives.