|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Nature/Fishkeeping
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Fishes honor.
- 2 2. What is fishkeeping?
- 3 3. Present the history of fishkeeping, the first peoples who practiced it, development of techniques, historical evidence, etc.
- 4 4. Explain what each of the following is, how it works and how it is useful:
- 5 5. Give some advantages and disadvantages of a saltwater aquarium relative to a freshwater aquarium.
- 6 6. Identify, in person or by pictures, 10 decorative saltwater fish and 15 freshwater decorative fish commonly used in aquariums.
- 7 7. To know 10 aquatic fresh water plants commonly used in aquariums. Identify them by pictures or in person.
- 8 8. Identify in person or by pictures, five corals used in marine aquariums.
- 9 9. List and identify in person or by pictures five common animals in marine aquariums (do not include fish or corals in the list).
- 10 10. List and identify in person or by pictures five common animals in freshwater marine aquariums (do not include fish in the list).
- 11 11. List five different water tests, explain the importance of using them and demonstrate at least the use of one of them.
- 12 12. Complete the following activities:
- 12.1 a. Assemble an aquarium of at least 20 liters with a balanced amount of plants and fish, and maintain it for at least six months.
- 12.2 b. During assembly, do the following:
- 12.2.1 i. Demonstrate the ability to assemble and explain the operation of a suitable filtration system
- 12.2.2 ii. Explain your selection and install a compatible lighting system
- 12.2.3 iii. Select the type of soil most suitable for the desired environment
- 12.2.4 iv. Plants: Analyze the species that best fit the model
- 12.2.5 v. Fish: Explain about the species chosen, the relationship of space vs. adult size and number of specimens; ideal temperature for growth, temperament, ration type, reproduction, major diseases and problems.
- 12.3 c. During a period of at least three months, take note of the effects of the following conditions on the fish and the aquarium in general:
- 13 References
1. Have the Fishes honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Fishes honor.