|Rivers and Streams - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
This Honor is a component of the Conservation Master Award.
| Note: The editors of this answer book feel that there is an error in the official version of this requirement.
Normally advanced honors require earning the basic honor, but the official version of the requirements for this honor don't say this. Without the basic honor patch where will you place your advanced star? We feel this is an oversight and that logic and honesty dictates you earn the basic honor if you sew on the basic patch.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Rivers and Streams honor.
1. Spend at least one day in a river or stream habitat. Arrange for some service project to participate in (clean up, trail making, helping others learn about this specific habitat).
This is a great way to earn community service time toward various other honors and/or Investiture Achievement levels. It is also an opportunity to complete the practical requirements of the basic Rivers and Streams Honor.
2. Write a report about the following things (including maps, photographs or drawings may help):
1. What river or stream did you visit?
2. When did you visit?
3. What did you do there?
4. New information you learned about this type of habitat you beyond what was learned in the basic honor.
5. Information about the specific river or stream you visited.
6. Describe the service project you did (be specific).
7. What did you learn about yourself while doing the service project?
8. What did you learn about this habitat while doing this service project?
The report could be a written paper, blog post, or even written and made into a multimedia presentation.