Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Prophets & Prophecy
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Prophets & Prophecy|
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2016
- 1 1. Define the term prophet and their role in God’s church.
- 2 2. List the four major and 12 minor prophets in the old testament.
- 3 3. Differentiate between major and minor prophets.
- 4 4. Name two new testament prophets and their role.
- 5 5. Name three female prophets in the old testament and their role.
- 6 6. Define the term prophecy and its role in the God’s church.
- 7 7. Read Revelation 14:12 and 19:10 and discuss how prophecy points to the testimony of Jesus and salvation.
- 8 8. Read Deuteronomy 18:22, 1 John 4:1-3 and Jeremiah 23:18-32. Discuss the tests of a true prophet.
- 9 9. Find examples in the Bible where the Spirit of the Lord brought prophecy to non prophets.
- 10 10. Study the following biblical accounts and determine if the character qualifies as a prophet. Create a media experience explaining why you came to your conclusion.
- 11 11. Discuss in a group the dual prophecy made by Jesus in Matthew 24 which covers both the fall of Jerusalem and the end of time. Create a chart showing how each phrase can apply to each time frame.
- 12 12. Give a list of three symbols used in biblical prophecy and give their interpretation.
- 13 13. Discuss in a group the Dream of Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel’s interpretation in Daniel chapter 2. Make a model or draw a picture of the image in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Label what each section represents. Then display your project for a few weeks in order to share with your church what you have learned.
- 14 14. Do the following activities:
- 15 References
Earning this honor meets a requirement for: