Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Soccer
From Pathfinder Wiki
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book | Recreation
Revision as of 08:53, 6 December 2006 by 18.104.22.168
- 1 1. Know the basic rules of soccer.
- 2 2. What is the meaning of “Good Sportsmanship?”
- 3 3. Make a drawing of the soccer playing field.
- 4 4. Demonstrate reasonable skill in playing the game of soccer.
- 5 5. Describe the different skills required at each position.
- 6 6. Know the meaning of and the Referee signals for the following:
- 7 7. Define the following terms:
- 7.1 a. Advantage
- 7.2 b. Booking
- 7.3 c. Clearing
- 7.4 d. Corner Arcs
- 7.5 e. Cross
- 7.6 f. Dribble
- 7.7 g. Drop ball
- 7.8 h. Drop kick
- 7.9 i. Dummy
- 7.10 j. Half volley
- 7.11 k. Touch
- 7.12 l. Volley
- 7.13 m. Heading
- 7.14 n. Juggling
- 7.15 o. Marking
- 7.16 p. Nutmeg
- 7.17 q. Out-of-bounds
- 7.18 r. Pass back
- 7.19 s. Penalty area
- 7.20 t. Slide tackle
- 7.21 u. Tackle
- 7.22 v. Throw
- 7.23 w. Trapping
- 7.24 x. Wall
- 8 10. Write a one page report on a famous soccer player. Discuss why they are or are not a good Christian role model.
- 9 11. Discuss with your Pathfinder leader, pastor or teacher the problems facing a Seventh-day Adventist youth considering sports in Jr. High, High School or college. What alternatives are there that allows for continued activity in sports.
- 10 References
1. Know the basic rules of soccer.
2. What is the meaning of “Good Sportsmanship?”
3. Make a drawing of the soccer playing field.
4. Demonstrate reasonable skill in playing the game of soccer.
5. Describe the different skills required at each position.
6. Know the meaning of and the Referee signals for the following:
a. Off sides
c. Corner kick
d. Indirect kick
e. Direct kick
7. Define the following terms:
d. Corner Arcs
g. Drop ball
h. Drop kick
j. Half volley
r. Pass back
s. Penalty area
t. Slide tackle
==8. Spend at least 4 hours helping less skilled or younger players improve their skills. ==9. Play a least 5 games with family or friends. Show good sportsmanship during your practice and games.