Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Swimming
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 1929
- 1 Complete the Red Cross Swim level VI--Skills Proficiency or the following:
- 2 1. Demonstrate approach and hurdle on the diving board.
- 3 2. Demonstrate jump tuck from diving board.
- 4 3. Swim front crawl stroke--100 yards.
- 5 4. Swim back crawl stroke--100 yards.
- 6 5. Swim breaststroke--25 yards.
- 7 6. Swim side stroke--25 yards.
- 8 7. Swim butterfly—10 yards.
- 9 8. Swim approach stroke--25 yards.
- 10 9. Demonstrate breaststroke turn.
- 11 10. Demonstrate speed turn and pull-out for breaststroke.
- 12 11. Demonstrate speed turn for front crawl.
- 13 12. Demonstrate flip turn for front crawl.
- 14 13. Demonstrate pike surface dive.
- 15 14. Demonstrate tuck surface dive.
- 16 15. Tread water for three minutes (one minute with no hands).
- 17 16. Demonstrate throwing rescue.
- 18 17. Demonstrate rolling spinal injury victim to face up.
- 19 References
Earning this honor meets a requirement for:
This Honor is a component of the Aquatic Master Award.
Complete the Red Cross Swim level VI--Skills Proficiency or the following:
While it is not required that you have a professional teach you (or your kids) to swim, it is highly advisable. Check with your local pool (a local college, or YMCA for example) to see what kind of swimming courses are offered. If you are unsure where your nearest American Red Cross (ARC), or YMCA is, then check online at: Red Cross (in the middle near the top there is a place to enter your zip code so that you can locate your locale ARC chapter); or YMCA (there is a box off to the left that will allow you to enter your zip code). If you choose to not have a professional teach you, you will find the requirements below.