|State Study (New Hampshire)|
| Florida Conference
|| Skill Level Unknown
Year of Introduction: 2007
For answers to other states, see State Study.
1. Make a scrapbook to include the following information. Use pictures, maps, or drawings to make it attractive.*
2. Name the state and the year it joined the union.
New Hampshire joined the union on June 21, 1788 becoming the ninth state. The Constitution was to come into effect if and only if it were ratified by at least nine states. Any states that did not ratify it would not be considered as part of the United States. This means the the United States came into existence in its current form when New Hampshire joined it.
3. Draw or find a picture of the following:
a. State flower
The New Hampshire state flower is the purple lilac (Syringa vulgaris).
b. State bird
The state bird of New Hampshire is the purple finch (Carpodacus purpureus).
c. State tree
New Hampshire's state tree is the paper birch (Betula papyrifera).
d. State animal
The white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) was names New Hampshire's official state animal in 1983.
e. State flag
4. Name the state song and motto.
The state song is "Old New Hampshire".
The motto is "Live Free or Die."
5. Draw a map and show the capital, major cities, rivers, and lakes.
6. Name the national parks and three state parks.
7. Name at least two natural resources, major products, and industries, etc.
8. Name at least three interesting places to visit.
9. Name the Seventh-day Adventist conference president.
New Hampshire is located within two conferences, the Northeastern Conference (NEC), and the Northern New England Conference (NNEC). Both are within the Atlantic Union.
The president of the Northeastern Conference is Dr. Daniel Honore.
Pastor Bob Cundiff was elected president of the Northern New England Conference in 2013.
10. Name the city where the conference office is located.
The Northeastern Conference's headquarters are located at 115-50 Merrick Blvd, Jamaica, NY.
The Northern New England Conference's headquarters are located at 479 Main Street, Westbrook, ME.
11. How many of the following does the SDA denomination have in this state?
The NNEC has 16 churches in New Hampshire. The NEC has one.
While the NEC has no SDA schools in New Hampshire, the NNEC has three:
- Capital Christian School, Concord
- Estabrook School, Plainfield
- Pioneer Junior Academy, Westmoreland
There are no SDA hospitals in New Hampshire.
The following Pathfinder clubs operate in New Hampshire:
- Alpha and Omega (Manchester/Bedford)
- Central NH Flames (Concord)
- Keene Conquerers
- Derry Followers
- Nashua Nighthawks
- Portsmouth Living Waters
12. Does this state have an SDA college or university? If so, give name and location.
New Hampshire does not have an SDA college or university. The nearest is Atlantic Union College in Lancaster, MA.
13. Give the month and year you collected this information.
14. Use pamphlets for parks and places to visit.
A good place to find pamphlets for tourist attractions is at rest areas along the Interstates, especially near the borders of the state.