Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Shoe Repair
From Pathfinder Wiki
- 1 Shoe Repair
- 1.1 1. Name at least five essential parts of a shoe and explain their uses.
- 1.2 2. What is the difference between hand-turned soles, Goodyear welt soles, and McKay sewed soles? Which is the easiest to repair?
- 1.3 3. Properly wax the thread, and with two needles or waxed ends, mend a pair of shoes that have rips in them. Use the double-stitch method of sewing.
- 1.4 4. Satisfactorily half-sole a pair of shoes by nailing the soles on. Make sure the nails are of the proper length.
- 1.5 5. Fit and attach a pair of rubber heels.
- 1.6 6. What kind of leather should be used in repairing the soles of shoes? How is such leather generally tanned?
- 1.7 7. Specify at least three factors that should be taken into account in the selection of shoes.
- 1.8 8. Spend a minimum of five hours observing shoe repair specialists at their work shop.
- 1.9 9. Write or tell the examiners the proper methods of cleaning and caring for shoes.