|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Pathfinder Wiki:Community portal
If you have questions about any of the pages in this Wiki, you can ask them here. To do that, you will need to create an account, and then click the "Add topic" button at the top of this page and start typing. Be sure to sign the question by typing four tildes at the end of your questions like this: ~~~~.
Wikibooks Pathfinder Honor Answers Update and Updated Honors Workbook
1) I have 2 honors workbook, one from 2000 (or so) and one from 2014. However, there have been some new honors added since 2014 (i.e. Mobile Technology honor, in 2016). Is there an updated honor workbook coming to include the newer honors from 2014 onward, such as the Mobile Technology honor (and others)?
2) The current Wikibooks Pathfinder Honor Answers website isn't updated to reflect a lot of the newer honors, even the 2014 Honors book. Will the Wikibooks website be updated anytime soon?
If we are to broaden our young people's minds and help them grow, us leaders to keep up with the pace and bring everything up-to-date.
Thanks for the reply! ~ Kris
- Hi Kris and welcome to the Wiki! Great questions. Here are my responses, you might get other responses from others too:
- 1) The two workbooks you have, are they from the General Conference or from AdventSource? I ask because the GC Honors has not been updated since their last 2014 edition. However, AdventSource prints material specifically for the North American Division and usually has their material up to date, according to the NAD. I would not know when the GC plans to update their material, especially since Andrés Peralta took over as the new world leader for clubs and is still trying to learn as much as he can. Many times the GC & NAD requirements can differ, so that might also be a discrepancy you also see; this wouldn't necessarily mean one is outdated, only that different versions exist according to their region.
- 2) This Wiki Answer Book is actually the most updated honors resource in the world. It is comprised of volunteers within the Pathfinder community who are constantly updating the content and keeping it to the day. If you are referring to the previous Wikibooks version, that is the old site and is no longer maintained. There is a message on the front page stating that it was moved to this Wiki.
- I hope that helps clarify some things for you. If you still have some doubts, express them here and myself and others will answer to the best of our knowledge! --w126jep (talk) 00:58, 26 May 2019 (EDT)
Hi there, It's been awhile since I have been on here. I noticed many conferences are setting up Online Pathfinder honors (Video/Slideshow) Some require registration and others are being uploaded on youtube, vimeo or other websites. I was wondering what would be the best option to have this linked into a list? Where Pathfinders can watch the video's with the registration link to the conference or something. I would love to talk more on this idea via e-mail or messenger or something else to brainstorm.
- We've noticed this too, and we're exploring possibilities. If you look in User:Jomegat/Do at home we have a list we're building of honors that can be done at home. That index is in my user space right now because it's not ready for prime-time. We might feature the index on the main page, or we might create a dedicated page for it. I'd love to hear any ideas you have - you can just put ideas on this page if you want, or even prototype something in your own user space and we could discuss it there.. --Jomegat (talk) 16:39, 12 April 2020 (EDT)
- What I'm wondering is I currently have a facebook group active but the amount of Honor's being videoed by different conferences is starting to become a lot. Like 3 conferences have done Peacemaking, 2 have done firesafety. There is about 20 so far in video's, with this pandemic going for awhile. I could see more and more conferences designing new video's. I know our conference is talking about it. What I am wondering is should these video's be merged into here somehow or would it be best to come up with another site all on Teaching (video's, powerpoint, etc) The video's do have registration links to the conference main site. Maybe link those video's back to here for the honor answer book. I'm just trying to figure out something to merge it all together. I'm open to any suggestions. The Calendar has been the best idea yet for whats coming. But I'm still kinda lost on a video database for the honors. I am thinking of a streaming setup for the videos. Just not sure where to start.
Online Honor Videos
My name is Pr Phil Yates from the Greater Sydney Conference (where I am one of the Youth Director and Pathfinder Director for the conference). I am so appreciative for THIS Pathfinder Website, it has helped and continues to help all of use Pathfinder Leaders down under in Australia and New Zealand.
I have started Online honors for the Australian Union Conference and am presenting honors for the British Union Conference due to this COVID-19 lockdown everywhere - below is the YouTube Channel.
Along with this I do a worksheet and Certificate, once the Pathfinders have show evidence of completion. We have found that a lot of clubs across Australia are using it in there Pathfinder Zoom Meeting and Pathfinders are doing the Honors in there spare time.
This channel is still in its infancy as I have only completed 5 honors - I am planning to release an honor every week. What I have done so far has received great feedback.
Below is the dropbox with the sample worksheet and certificate. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0marrqlhy2emf8b/AACuCNbWy5kUyQ11S6jmUCCGa?dl=0
I would be interested in you feedback.
I would also be keen to help you all as much as I can.
Blessings to all Phil