Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Paper Quilling - Advanced
|Paper Quilling - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2006
- 1 1. Know and be able to correctly make each of the following Eccentric shapes
- 2 2. Know and complete three of the following shaping techniques.
- 3 3. Make a picture or ornament using at least three of the Eccentric Shapes.
- 4 4. Make a three-dimensional object.
- 5 References
This Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award.
| Note: The editors of this answer book feel that there is an error in the official version of this requirement.
Normally advanced honors require earning the basic honor, but the official version of the requirements for this honor don't say this. Without the basic honor patch where will you place your advanced star? We feel this is an oversight and that logic and honesty dictates you earn the basic honor if you sew on the basic patch.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Paper Quilling honor.
1. Know and be able to correctly make each of the following Eccentric shapes
a. Eccentric Loose Circle
b. Eccentric Teardrop
c. Eccentric Marquise
d. Eccentric Fan
e. Eccentric Crescent
f. Eccentric Bunny Ear
g. requirement g has not been defined by the NAD
h. Eccentric Tulip
2. Know and complete three of the following shaping techniques.
a. Fringed Flower
b. Grape Roll
d. Loop Method
f. Weaving Paper
g. Twisted Loop
i. Folded Roses
j. Curled Flowers
3. Make a picture or ornament using at least three of the Eccentric Shapes.
4. Make a three-dimensional object.
- The Book of Paper Quilling: Techniques & Projects for Paper, 1995 Melinda Johnston,
Sterling Publishing Company, Inc