Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Spinning Yarn
From Pathfinder Wiki
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2018
- 1 1. Describe the history or progression of spinning.
- 2 2. Name at least three types of animal fibers spun today.
- 3 3. Name at least one non-animal fiber spun today.
- 4 4. Describe why wool lends itself to spinning over other animal fibers.
- 5 5. What is the largest source of hand spun wool in your region or country?
- 6 6. Find at least three references in the Bible concerning the development of wool materials.
- 7 7. Define the following terms:
- 8 8. Identify the three main categories of spindles. Find examples of each.
- 9 9. Construct a drop spindle and demonstrate its use.
- 10 10. Explain the steps from fiber to yarn.
- 11 11. Demonstrate the carding of any type of animal fiber.
- 12 12. Spin at least ten feet of yarn using a drop spindle.
- 13 13. Read Matthew 6:28-30. How can you relate what you have experienced in this honor to Jesus’ words?
- 14 References
This Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award.