|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Health and Science/Biosafety (South American Division)/Requirements
Biosafety (South American Division)
1. Define the following terms:
- a. Aerosols
- b. Risk Factor
- c. Biosafety
- d. Biological Material
- e. Chemical or biological accident
- f. Chemical or biological incident
- g. Pathogen
2. What are PPE? What are they for? Mention which ones can be used by health professionals.
3. Differentiate between outbreak, epidemic, pandemic and endemic.
4. In the midst of an epidemic/pandemic, what main precautions should be taken?
5. What is the difference between isolation and quarantine?
6. Choose two diseases from the following list and mention: When did it occur? How many were infected? How was it spread? What were the symptoms? Was a cure found? What were the biosafety precautions?
- a. Black Death
- b. Smallpox
- c. Spanish Flu
- d. Typhus
- e. Swine Flu
7. Choose one of the following diseases and answer: What are the symptoms? How is it spread? Is there a cure today? Where and when was there an outbreak/epidemic/pandemic? Is there a prevention for this disease?
- a. Cholera
- b. Tuberculosis
- c. Yellow Fever
- d. Measles
- e. Malaria
- f. AIDS
8. How do vaccines work? Why is it important to be up to date with your immunizations?
9. Regarding the washing of hands:
- a. Make a video to demonstrate or present to your instructor how to properly wash your hands. Explain why it is important to follow each step.
- b. Why is it not recommended to use towels that will be used several times and instead paper towels are recommended?
10. Why is it appropriate to use 70% alcohol and not other types of alcohol? What is the correct way to use it?
11. What actions should be taken when coughing and sneezing to avoid contaminating other people?
12. According to Matthew 24 and Revelation, what does the Bible say about end-time diseases?
13. According to 1 Corinthians 15 and Revelation 21 and 22, what will happen to the sick and diseases when we go to Heaven?