Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Health and Science/Math Skills IV
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Math Skills IV|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Math Skills III honor.
- 2 2. Present a bibliographic report with at least five persons who contributed to the development of mathematics throughout the history of mankind.
- 3 3. Develop and present the calculations of the following equations:
- 4 4. Present and develop the percentage calculations of the following problems:
- 5 5. Present three practical situations, in written form, of situations in which we use percentages in our daily routine.
- 6 6. Present and develop three practical situations of everyday problems in which we use the quadratic equation.
- 7 7. Solve and present the development of the following functions:
- 8 8. Represent the following functions in a Cartesian graph:
- 9 9. Demonstrate the ability to solve problems with circles; how to calculate the circumference and area using the formula for each. Present two examples of each.
- 10 10. Present the ability to calculate the area of regular polygons, such as a hexagon inscribed in a circle, area of a cylinder surface, volume of a prism, and the volume of a pyramid.
- 11 11. In our daily routine, we have to deal with all prices of tax rates. Demonstrate the ability to solve the two most common situations of interest.
- 11.1 a. Luciana made an investment of $100 at 2% simple interest a month. How much will she have in total after 8 months of investing?
- 11.2 b. David asked for a bank loan of $3000 and will pay in 6 months a composite interest rate of 1.5% a month. Calculate the total to be paid to the bank after 6 months.
- 12 References
1. Have the Math Skills III honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Math Skills III honor.