Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Nature/Lichens
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. What are lichens? Lichens are like some of the kingdoms of living things that are known, why?
- 2 2. Know the life cycle of a lichen.
- 3 3. Find, identify and photograph fruticose, crustose, and foliose lichens.
- 4 4. Why are lichens important for nature?
- 5 5. What determines the pigment or color of a lichen?
- 6 6. What is the relationship amongst the organisms that make up a lichen?
- 7 7. What are the main groups of fungi that are associated with algae?
- 8 8. Explain what symbiosis and mutualism are.
- 9 9. Name at least two benefits of lichens for man and the environment.
- 10 10. What is the relationship between the lichen species Lecanora esculenta and manna?
- 11 References