Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Nature/Marine Fauna
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Search and describe the importance of marine fauna in the balance of the marine ecosystem.
- 2 2. What is the effect of large concentrations of plastic on marine fauna?
- 3 3. Discover how you can help in the preservation of marine life.
- 4 4. Define the main characteristics of the following groups and give three examples of each:
- 5 5. Select three invertebrate species and three vertebrate species of marine fauna and answer the following:
- 6 6. Interview a biologist and find out about the type of reproduction of the groups of animals mentioned in the previous requirement.
- 7 7. What are porifera and why are they called filtering animals?
- 8 8. Name the difference between corals and sea sponges. What is their importance for the environment?
- 9 9. Explain what benthos, plankton, and nekton are.
- 10 10. Observe a marine animal for about 30 minutes. Make a report describing what was observed.
- 11 11. Watch a video of at least 30 minutes that talks about marine life. Make a report on the video.
- 12 References