Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Nature/Orchids - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Orchids - Advanced|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Orchids honor.
- 2 2. Draw or press an orchid and identify the following parts:
- 3 3. What is the main difference between monopodial and sympodial orchids?
- 4 4. What are "cultivars"?
- 5 5. How does meristem multiplication work? For what purpose is it practiced?
- 6 6. What are keikis?
- 7 7. List three uses of orchids for man.
- 8 8. Know the essential elements for orchid growth.
- 9 9. Name at least two species of orchids that can grow in the following conditions, in the region you live in:
- 10 10. Mention some factors that can contribute to a species of orchid becoming endangered.
- 11 11. Explain quarantine requirements in your country regarding the import of orchids.
- 12 12. Explain the growth process of orchid seeds under conditions in a glass vase.
- 13 13. Describe the world distribution of orchids and analyze how the knowledge of the height above sea level, the native habitat of an orchid is important for those who grow them.
- 14 14. Cultivate a small collection of orchids (from at least two genera) until they bloom (at least four different orchids). Afterwards, present a monthly photographic history, accompanied by notes on the development and the necessary care during each month, with the growth of each plant.
- 15 References
1. Have the Orchids honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Orchids honor.