|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Other/AY Gold Award
|AY Gold Award|
| General Conference
Year of Introduction: 1959
Gold Award presented________________20_______
AY GOLD AWARD
The AY Gold Award is presented to Young Adults under 31 years of age who have completed the Silver Award and who have demonstrated exceptional qualities of physical, mental and cultural development. Sponsored by the Youth Ministries Department, the plan gives Young Adults an opportunity to find satisfaction in worthwhile achievement. Membership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church is not a prerequisite. The sincere effort and perseverance required to qualify in the various activities will develop qualities of character much needed in today’s generation. The AY Gold Award recipient will be better prepared to take his place as a constructive member of his church and community. In these last days of earth’s history, demands upon God’s people will become increasingly intense. Only those youth who have a firm foundation on the Word of God and have chosen a moral platform which reflects the purity of Jesus Christ will be able to withstand the withering attack upon Christian standards. Good health, clear thinking, and keenness of spiritual perception are closely linked together. The AY Gold Award has been introduced to give strength to these important elements of life. Youth who earn the AY Gold Award will be youth of true distinction.
TESTS, AWARDS, AND RECORDS
The conference/field or on each college or university campus an AY Gold Award committee shall be appointed by the AY/ Young Adult executive committee to direct the AY Gold Award plan. The union conference Youth Ministries Director is a member ex officio of this committee. This committee appoints a supervisor of testing and at least one qualified examiner for each category. An accurate record of the candidate's completion of each requirement is to be filed with the AY Gold Award Committee. This record must include (1) the date each requirement was completed, (2) score (where indicated), and (3) certification signature of a qualified examiner authorized by the AY Gold Award committee.
Application for the AY Gold Award to be presented to candidates who have completed their requirements is made to the union conference Youth Ministry Director. He will arrange for a special presentation ceremony when the award can be presented in an impressive way. Church and civic officials should be invited to the occasion. The presentation of the AY Gold Award should be the principle event on the program and should not be combined with a Pathfinder/Adventurer Investiture service. 'The AY Gold Award medal and ribbon will be treasured by all who receive it. The name of the recipient should be etched on the reverse. (No AY Gold Awards should be presented which do not have this personalized inscription.)
THE SCOPE OF THE PLAN
The AY Gold Award plan consists of five divisions:
- 1. Physical Fitness-Physical fitness requirements have been adopted in accordance with national testing programs.
- 2. Skills-A variety of AY Honors are listed from which the candidate may select two.
- 3. Expedition- The candidate has a choice of either a hiking or canoe expedition into a wilderness area. Directions are given for a strenuous outdoor adventure. It is important that those who anticipate making such an expedition work with a qualified examiner to be sure that all conditions are met and certified.
- 4. Service Projects-This requires the participant to have a record of leadership in which he has successfully discharged his responsibilities.
- 5. Cultural Improvement-The candidate must qualify in two areas of cultural excellence. Qualified art, music and literature critics must certify the meeting of these requirements.