Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Other/Basic Staff Training
|Pathfinder Basic Staff Training Certificate|
| North American Division
Year of Introduction: 2014
"This certification is authorized for use by those who have not yet become invested Master Guides. It is intended to provide a basic understanding of Pathfinder Ministry and its component parts. Ideally it should be earned before a new staff member actually takes up duties with a club. While there is some value in repeating these seminars every five years or so, especially if taught by a different instructor, it should not be used as repeat yearly training. This is true for any training curriculum. This revised BST Curriculum was approved by the NAD Pathfinder Committee in 2005 with action PA 2005-06."
- 1. Be at least 16 years old
- 2. Be a Seventh-day Adventist Christian who loves Jesus and is willing to share this love in both word and deed.
- 3. Intend to be an active Pathfinder staff member OR be participating in Master Guide training
- PFAD 001 - Pathfinder Club ministry: It's purpose, history, and relationship to Church and Adventurers
- PFAD 002 - Introduction to Pathfinder Club organization
- PFAD 003 - Introduction to Pathfinder Club programming and planning
- PFAD 004 - Introduction to Pathfinder Club outreach
- PFAD 005 - Introduction to basic drill
- PYSO 104 - Adolescent development
- EDUC 001 - Introduction to teaching skills
- MEDI 100 - Introduction to medical, risk management, and child safety issues
Required Field Work
- 1. Create a Portfolio that contains the handouts and your personal notes from the seminars you attend.
Reviewing Master Guide use only
- I have completed a review of the participants Portfolio and Basic Staff Training Check List and have found them to have completed the requirements for this certification.
Failed review instructions
- In the event of a failed review, the reviewing Master Guide should return the Portfolio to the participant along with a written note explaining what additional work or documentation must be completed to receive a pass.
Reviewing Master Guide disclaimer
- Completion of this training curriculum does not guarantee the bearers overall qualifications to lead, nor does it give a guarantee of ability, aptitude, or placement. It simply marks completion of a training curriculum.
- AYMT Pathfinder Staff Training Program Description -V.0