|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Other/Pathfinder Staff Leadership Certification
|Pathfinder Staff Leadership Certificate|
| North American Division
Year of Introduction: 2014
"This certification is authorized for use by those who are invested Master Guides as continuing education. It is intended to provide a deeper understanding of staff support and leadership. This certification was approved by the NAD Pathfinder Committee in 2011 for piloting with action PA 2011.03 and in 2013 for adoption with action PA 2013.08."
- 1. Be a Master Guide
- 2. Hold a Pathfinder Basic Staff Training Certification or have completed an earlier Pathfinder BST program*
- 3. Be an active Pathfinder staff member
- LEAD 105 Seven principles of youth leadership
- LEAD 151 Staff recruiting and selection
- LEAD 152 Staff training
- LEAD 153 Staff evaluation and correction
- LEAD 154 Staff retention and appreciation
- PYSO 214 Dealing with diversity
- PYSO 209 Dealing with interpersonal conflict
- Take one (1) additional seminar of your choosing with a LEAD or PYSO prefix.
Required Field Work
- 1. Read the AY Encounter Series II, Christ the Church, or participate in another daily Bible reading plan for at least six months. Use of an audio or video Bible is acceptable.
- 2. Hold a current CPR certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- 3. Hold a current First Aid certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- 4. Read or listen to a book on any one of the seminar topics that are part of this certification. Prepare an action plan indicating how you intend to implement the things you have learned into your Pathfinder ministry. Carry out that plan and evaluate the results.
- 5. Plan, carry out and evaluate a team building event of at least three hours duration for your Pathfinder Staff.
- 6. Develop a written, comprehensive plan for a year of Pathfinder programming and ministry. It must include your staff training events, job descriptions, evaluation procedures and a debrief on how the year went.
- 7. Create a Portfolio that contains copies of your notes, plans and work as you complete requirements 1 to 6. Include handouts and your personal notes from the seminars you attend.
* The intent of this requirement is to make sure the Master Guide has Pathfinder training, since some Master Guides have taken Basic Staff Training in Adventurers or some another branch of youth ministry.
- AYMT Pathfinder Staff Training Program Description -V.0