Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Christian Art of Preaching - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Christian Art of Preaching - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the honor Christian Art of Preaching.
- 2 2. Examine two or more versions popular in your language or area. Include:
- 2.1 Determine if they are Formal, Dynamic, or Paraphrase translations/versions.
- 2.2 Discover whether these Bibles were translated by a committee or by an individual.
- 2.3 Evaluate their accuracy, reliability and readability.
- 2.4 Respond: Discover what the original Biblical languages are. Which version do you feel is most faithful to the original Bible? Why?
- 2.5 Cite at least three verses that differ greatly from the feel of the versions mentioned in point number two. Know which translation is closest to the original Bible text.
- 3 3. Create a small collection of 25 Christian sermons, organized in a booklet format:
- 4 4. Preach at least five of the sermons (compiled in the previous item), using audiovisual resources or your own creative ideas.
- 5 5. Develop a collection of, at least, 15 short Bible devotionals (5-10 minutes) and use a minimum of five of them in public locations (church, mid-week Bible study group, Sabbath School, club meeting, etc.)
- 6 6. Complete one of the following items:
- 6.1 Present a series of biblical studies (at least ten presentations) to a group of people meeting in the church, in a Bible class, or in an evangelistic series.
- 6.2 Be on the preaching list of a church during the year and preach, at least, ten times; having participated in every type of worship: Friday, Saturday, and mid-week.
- 6.3 Be responsible for a period of at least six months of biblical preaching in a small group.
- 7 7. Choose two of the following areas and read a book for each one. Cite the bibliography for your instructor:
- 8 8. Have a Bible with references and a concordance (preferably annotated). Demonstrate to an instructor or advisor that you can handle it in the correct fashion.
- 9 References
This Honor is a component of the Spiritual Growth and Ministries Master Award.
1. Have the honor Christian Art of Preaching.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Christian Art of Preaching honor.