Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Eschatology
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Read Matthew 24:3-14 and research at least 20 signs that indicate Christ's soon return within the last five years.
- 2 2. Know by memory where to find in the Bible at least five different verses found in this honor that present promises of Christ's second coming.
- 3 3. Present one of the Biblical parables about Christ's second coming by one of the following methods: music, drawing, poetry or dramatization.
- 4 4. Make a timeline of at least one page linking together the main last day events that will culminate with Christ's return. Include what will happen in the following 1,000 years.
- 5 5. Study Christ's ascension to Heaven in the Bible, after His resurrection. Make a list of similarities and differences between this event and His seconding coming.
- 6 6. Explain the relation between the verses "I come as a thief", found in Revelation 16:15, with "and every eye shall see Him", found in Revelation 1:7.
- 7 7. Read the following passages from the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy:
- 8 From the knowledge gained in this study and the other passages discussed in this honor, answer the following:
- 8.1 a. Why is it possible to say that the Christ's second coming is so close?
- 8.2 b. How can you make it possible for Christ to return sooner?
- 8.3 c. What should the focus be regarding a celestial crown and the amount of stars on it?
- 8.4 d. Who knows the day and hour of Christ's return?
- 8.5 e. What will be the first signs seen in the heavens, moments before Christ's return?
- 9 References
This Honor is a component of the Family, Origins, and Heritage Master Award.
Eschatology i/ˌɛskəˈtɒlədʒi/ is a part of theology concerned with what are believed to be the final events of history, or the ultimate destiny of humanity. This concept is commonly referred to as the "end of the world" or "end time".