Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Missionary Life
From Pathfinder Wiki
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2016
- 1 1. Discover the following individually or as a group:
- 2 2. Discuss the following texts as they relate to missionary work:
- 3 3. List and evaluate how missionaries have impacted the spreading of the gospel and whether their stories and methods are relevant today.
- 4 4. Create a list or construct a Venn diagram (compare & contrast) of qualifications for an individual to become a missionary in Bible times versus today.
- 5 5. Discuss with a group the following personality characteristics and their importance to being a positive and influential missionary today:
- 6 6. Discuss with a group the following types of missionaries and why each is important to the spreading of the gospel.
- 7 7. Discuss with a group some of the possible challenges associated with missionary work today.
- 8 8. Interview someone who is either an active missionary or who has retired from mission service.
- 9 9. Learn about eight missionaries (to at least four continents) who served during the Seventh-day Adventist mission expansion (1900-1950). On a world map, plot their country of service.
- 10 10. Create a presentation, game, or speech that shows what you have learned about missionary life while earning this honor. Share your presentation with a group.
- 11 11. Earn the Foreign Mission Trips honor OR do both of the following individually or as a group:
- 12 References