Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Collector
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Explain what a collector does and why this activity is increasingly recommended for people living in large cities.
- 2 2. Visit an art exhibition or a craft fair and make a list of the various collectibles that are found there.
- 3 3. Make a list of at least ten items that people are collecting today.
- 4 4. Together with your instructor, complete one of the following requirements:
- 4.1 a. Start a collection for your club. Help choose a type of collection and develop a creative exhibition, write a paragraph about why it was chosen, make a list of what it should say in the description of the items and contribute with at least five different points.
- 4.2 b. In an existing club collection, help in the organization and conservation. Also contribute with at least five items. Write a paragraph about the existing collection, evaluate the current state of the collection and suggest what could be improved.
- 5 5. At your club or at a specialized institution, attend a conference given by an experienced collector on the peculiarities of the activity. Write a report of no less than 500 words on the care of collections, how to get new objects and other interesting things learned.
- 6 6. What happens when an item in the collection (or an entire collection) has a very high price? Is that value always more important to the collector?
- 7 7. Start three different collections (preferably one of them should be similar to the speech in requirement 5), with a minimum of 15 items each. Demonstrate the ability to sort, classify and identify items and specify (where possible): date, time, place of origin, estimated value, location where it was found, and other specific details related to selected collections.
- 8 8. Participate in an exhibition of collections in your club, school or church, with at least two personal collections, organize the objects properly identified with the necessary clarifications for the visitors.
- 9 References