Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Rustic Construction - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Rustic Construction - Advanced|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Be at least 14 years old.
- 2 2. Have the following honors:
- 3 3. Do some Biblical research and identify when the people of Israel had to make a construct something, what it represented, and what they should remember when doing it.
- 4 4. What is the importance of keeping work tools sharp?
- 5 5. Demonstrate your knowledge of safety rules in using of tools.
- 6 6. What are the best knots to start and finish a lashing? Why?
- 7 7. What is the importance of making grooves in the poles before lashing?
- 8 8. Demonstrate the ability to make the following lashings, starting each with the clove hitch and end with the clove hitch or a square knot.
- 9 9. What is the importance of making blueprints (drawing with measurements) for rustic construction?
- 10 10. Make a blueprint (drawing with measurements) for each structure that is requested in the honor.
- 11 11. Use ties and rods to make a miniature scale of four blueprints.
- 12 12. Construct the following:
- 12.1 a. An entrance with at least eight bases and 20 lashings
- 12.2 b. An entrance without digging into the ground
- 12.3 c. A camping table with at least four bases and eight lashings
- 12.4 d. A bridge with at least four bases and 3 m long
- 12.5 e. A tower at least 4 m high and with ten lashings
- 12.6 f. A suspended shelter, at least 1 m off the ground
- 12.7 g. A camping furniture (multipurpose table, dishwasher, snack table)
- 13 References
1. Be at least 14 years old.
2. Have the following honors:
a. Rustic Construction
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Rustic Construction honor.
b. Knot Tying - Advanced
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Knot Tying - Advanced honor.