Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Regional/Steel Pan
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South Caribbean Conference
|| Skill Level Unknown
Year of Introduction: Unknown
- 1 1. By what other names is the steel pan known?
- 2 2. From what country did the steel pan originate and is now the national instrument of that country?
- 3 3. Give a 500 word (brief) history in writing or an oral presentation to a group of how the steel pan changed from the “Tambu-Bambu” to its modern-day form. Include names of a few pioneers, arrangers and tuners.
- 4 4. Describe in writing (300 words-(briefly) how the steel pan is made.
- 5 5. Compile a picture scrapbook of varying types of steel pan. Label the pictures identifying the type of steel pan and state its primary function in an orchestra.
- 6 6. What unique worldwide distinction does the steel pan have?
- 7 7. What equipment is used to extract music from the steel pan? Describe how it is made.
- 8 8. What are the E-Pan and the G-Pan?
- 9 9. What are steel pan musicians called?
- 10 10. Name at least three steel orchestras from Trinidad and Tobago and three from other parts of the world. What is the common name for Steel Pan Orchestras?
- 11 11. What was the early attitude of Christian churches to the steel pan being played in church? What caused this attitude?
- 12 12. Communicate with at least one Christian who plays the steel pan for church or religious functions, finding out from them how they got started.
- 13 References