Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Guitar and Care Maintenance
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Guitar Care and Maintenance|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Guitar Honor.
- 2 2. What is a luthier? Mention a great professional in this area.
- 3 3. Make a guitar, or disassemble and reassemble a guitar or bass, identifying, separating and reporting the functions of the following pieces or parts (the requirements will be separated from "a" to "e"; the other items are optional for the separation):
- 4 4. Know how to distinguish tuning pegs for nylon and steel strings; then disassemble, clean, and lubricate them to reassemble them.
- 5 5. Identify the strings by their thickness and tune them.
- 6 6. Know the raw material of the nut and saddle. Make a nut or saddle.
- 7 7. Explain why the strings can be taken outand know the precautions of performing this procedure.
- 8 8. What precautions should be taken to avoid oxidation of the strings and other pieces of the guitar or other string instruments?
- 9 9. Demonstrate (if possible) and explain how to glue the cracks in a string instrument, specifying what type of glue or glue to use.
- 10 10. How are grafts placed on a damaged instrument?
- 11 11. Paint a guitar or bass, demonstrating the necessary care in the sanding process, choosing of paint, and drying.
- 12 References
1. Have the Guitar Honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Guitar honor.