|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Lathe
From Pathfinder Wiki
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Define what a lathe is.
- 2 2. What is the objective and purpose of a lathe?
- 3 3. Explain the work that is done with a lathe and its operating process.
- 4 4. What are the main operations that can be performed with a lathe?
- 5 5. What materials are used in the manufacturing of the tools used in a lathe? Give examples of tools with these materials.
- 6 6. Identify and demonstrate through drawings or photographs the basic components of a lathe.
- 7 7. Name some accessories (pieces) that make up the lathe and the function of each one.
- 8 8. Identify two tools that are used to measure the parts worked on a lathe. Explain the function of each of them.
- 9 9. Describe the function of each of the following lathes:
- 10 10. Explain what an Industrial Technical Drawing is. How do you interpret it in an objective and easy-to-understand way?
- 11 11. What care should be taken when using a lathe? What personal protective and safety equipment (PPE) should be used?
- 12 12. What is the influence of cutting speed, feed and depth of cut on the life of a tool?
- 13 13. With the help of a lathe technician or specialist, make any cylindrical part, taking into account what has been learned in the basic operations carried out with the lathe. Make a report of at least 300 words, describing how this piece was developed.
- 14 References