Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Robotics
From Pathfinder Wiki
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2016
- 1 1. Define the following terms:
- 2 2. Briefly describe three examples on how the use of robotics and automation has made an impact on society.
- 3 3. Briefly describe the following tools:
- 4 4. Define computer vision. Give three practical examples of its use.
- 5 5. Describe and give an example of each of the following types of robotic motion:
- 6 6. Describe what is used as a power source for most robotic applications.
- 7 7. Describe, draw, or show pictures of a ballbot.
- 8 8. List four advantages and four disadvantages of automation. Briefly describe each.
- 9 9. Define and give two practical illustrations on the following types of automation:
- 10 10. Become familiar with any FAA (or equivalent body) regulations governing the operation of robots (including drones) in your locality.
- 11 11. Discuss with a group the biblical context of the following texts as they relate to the field of automation and robotics:
- 12 12. List and discuss the relevance of Isaac Asimov’s three rules governing robots.
- 13 13. Research ideas on robotic construction projects. Based on your research, construct and successfully operate a robot from a kit.
- 14 References
This Honor is a component of the Modern Technology Master Award.