|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Welding
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 1978
- 1 Qualified welding instructor required.
- 2 1. Successfully complete a minimum of three hours of classroom instruction.*
- 3 2. Identify the following:
- 4 3. Explain the following terms:
- 5 4. Select and describe one fusion welding process.
- 6 5. Name at least one thermal and one mechanical cutting process.
- 7 6. Demonstrate a knowledge of risks and hazards associated with welding and cutting, and the steps to prevent or reduce them.
- 8 7. Describe the safety gear required for various fusion welding and cutting processes.
- 9 8. For either the GMAW or SMAW welding process, demonstrate an ability to use welding guidelines, such as handbook tables, to select the appropriate welding process parameter settings, including proper amperage and electrode type/size for various types and thicknesses of a selected metal.
- 10 9. Explain and demonstrate proper equipment setup and consumables selection for at least one welding process.
- 11 10. Describe all the components of the equipment to be used and their function.
- 12 11. Using the designated processes, perform the following:
- 13 PAC
- 14 SMAW
- 15 GMAW
- 15.1 a. Make two bead-on-plate welds at least two inches total length
- 15.2 b. Make one square-groove weld in the flat position
- 15.3 or
- 15.4 c. Make one lap weld in the flat position
- 15.5 * Must pass a knowledge exam upon completion.
- 15.6 ^ These are minimum requirements; additional welding is encouraged
- 16 References
|The requirements below are for the North American Division . This honor has different requirements for the General Conference .|
This Honor is a component of the Technician Master Award.
Qualified welding instructor required.
The Welding Honor is perhaps of all the AY honors, the one with the greatest potential to cause injury. If done wrong you can also create unsafe equipment (see requirement note at end) Do not attempt to teach yourself how to weld. An experienced instructor is absolutely required for this honor.