|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Talk:Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Regional/Manatees
From Pathfinder Wiki
Question #15. Manatees. It says observe in their natural habitat. We have an aquarium up here in Canada that has Manatees could a visit to the aquarium and a combined video on manatees work? W126jep
- My philosophy on this has always been that a requirement that simply cannot be met for whatever reason can be replaced by one of equal or greater difficulty so long as it maintains the same spirit. Finding a manatee in an aquarium is a lot easier than finding one in its natural habitat (if you are in an area where they live), so you would definitely want to pair that with something else. Part of what they will miss is the experience of going outside. --Jomegat (talk) 12:09, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- Well, there is a reason this is a Florida-specific honor. There are many places in FL to see manatees in their natural environment. I'm sure the original writers of this requirement phrased it in that way on purpose. The idea was not to go to an aquarium or zoo, but to actually go out to the beach or ocean to see them.
- If this were NAD or GC level, I would be more inclined to say that the requirement must be fulfilled as written. However, since this is conference level, I don't think being so strict has to apply. I doubt Manatees are making their way up to Canadian shores, so it would be difficult to complete this honor locally.
- I tend to agree with Jomegat, simply because the purpose is for the Pathfinders to learn of God's creation, the manatee. While, of course, a visit to FL would be more desirable, I think getting as close as you can to an actual visit would be acceptable.
- There really is no regulation or enforcement as to conference-specific honors as there is at division level. You should use prayer and your own discretion. I don't think that Florida Conference is going to care or come out with a statement about it any time soon. Plus, it really doesn't bother them when other conferences purchase their honors either ;-) --w126jep (talk) 14:19, 29 May 2017 (UTC)