|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 3, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 03 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Lifesaving
From Pathfinder Wiki
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book | Recreation
Revision as of 21:49, 6 December 2006 by Stephanieeast
- 1 (Instructor Required)
- 1.1 Satisfactorily pass the American Red Cross -Water Safety Aid or YMCA course in Lifesaving or its equivalent, or pass the following requirements:
- 1.2 1. Have the Swimming Honor.
- 1.3 2. Know the value of disrobing before making a swimming rescue. Practice disrobing on dry land in 20 seconds or less. Disrobe yourself of your shoes, socks, pants, belt, and shirt. Don't be alarmed-you are allowed a swimming suit underneath!
- 1.3.1 3. Know the value of avoiding contact with a victim. Know the tactics of leading and waiting. Know the value of using equipment in a rescue.
- 1.3.2 4. Learn to properly do the following non-swimming rescues:
- 1.3.3 5. Know the points to be considered in the following when rescuing:
- 1.3.4 6. Surface dive in eight feet of water, recovering various objects three times and a ten-pound weight once.
- 1.3.5 7. Swim 100 yards (91.4 meters), using the lifesaving stroke.
- 1.3.6 8. Learn to properly do the following defenses:
- 1.3.7 9. Learn to properly do the following releases and escapes:
- 1.3.8 10. Learn to properly do the following assists:
- 1.3.9 11. Learn to properly do the following approaches:
- 1.3.10 12. Correctly approach 30 feet (9.1 meters) and correctly carry 30 feet (9.1 meters), using the following carries:
- 1.3.11 13. Complete a minimum of three hours of being instructed in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, or have the CPR Honor.
- 1.4 References