AY Honor Archery Requirements used by General Conference
1. Identify the parts of a bow.
2. Identify the parts of an arrow.
3. Name and explain the safety rules for archery.
4. Correctly and safely string a bow.
5. Describe and show how to use the following:
- a. Arm guard
- b. Finger tab or glove
- c. Quiver
- d. Bow sling
- e. String kisser
6. Demonstrate the following shooting techniques:
- a. The stance
- b. Nocking the arrow
- c. The draw
- d. The anchor
- e. The hold and aim
- f. The release
- g. The follow-through
7. Why is it necessary to have an arrow "nocking point" properly positioned on the bow string?
8. Using a standard (Olympic bow) score one of the following:
- a. Indoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 18 meters score 50 points on a 60 cm target.
- b. Outdoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 25 meters score 170 points on a 122 cm target.
9. Know and practice the archery safety rules.