AY Honor Basketry Requirements
1. Know the names of two countries where Rattan (cane) is grown.
2. Explain how to treat pithcane (reed) before weaving.
3. What tools would you use for:
- a. Cane basket making?
- b. Raffia or Indian basket making?
- a. Weaver singeing
- b. Crushing
5. Explain how to:
- a. Mend a broken spoke (stake).
- b. Join a weaving rod (reed).
6. Name two kinds of bases used in baskets and tell in which type of basket each one can be used.
7. Describe how to lay:
- a. A footridge border
- b. A three-rod border
8. Do the following: simple weaving, slewing, and bispoking, and stitch a raffia base.
9. Make a cane sandwich tray with a wood base.
10. Make a hot roll basket with a woven base.
11. Make a round hot pad six inches (15.2 cm) in diameter in Raffia or Indian basketry.