AY Honor Bogs & Fens
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/Bogs & Fens
Explore these fascinating wetland ecosystems as you learn about how they are formed and the plants and animals that live there.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
12. Do at least 2 of the following activities:
- a. Visit an exhibit or conservatory of wetland plants, specifically mosses (Sphagnum variety if possible) and carnivorous plants. Look for how they are adapted to living in poor soil, cold temperatures and lack of nutrients.
- b. Visit a zoo where there are wetland animals. If possible, observe some of the ones you studied while learning about bogs.
- c. Watch a DVD or video about bogs or plants or animals that live in bogs.
- d. Draw or paint a picture of something you had fun learning about while studying bogs.
- e. Talk to your group, or write about or make a short video about a real life bog conservation project. Explain why this specific habitat should be saved, i.e. endangered species of plants and/or animals living there.