AY Honor Braille
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/Braille
Louis Braille's magic dots aren't just history -- they're a whole language available for you to touch and feel! Learn how braille is an interesting and essential part of many visually impaired people's lives!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
10. Discuss ways to meet and interact with a person who is blind. Do one of the following:
- a. Visit a facility that serves people who are blind. Before the visit, ask students to write down their predictions about their perceptions of blind people. Collect and keep responses to review after the visit.
- b. Invite a blind person to speak to your group about his/her experiences. Before the visit, ask students to write down their predictions about their perceptions of blind people. Collect and keep responses to review after the visit.
8. Take a class to learn to write and read in Braille. The class can be online or in person.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Introduced in 2020
- AY Honors/Skill Level 1
- AY Honors/Approved by North American Division
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honor Config/Has Requirement Variants
- AY Honor Config/Has Answer Key Variants