AY Honor Brain and Behavior
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
9. Do one or more of the following activities: (some of these activities will need to be planned with a medical/dental professional or at a local college or university— they are usually very willing to assist you)
- a. Observe an electroencephalogram or one being performed on someone and describe what can be learned from this test.
- b. Watch a "lie-detector" test being performed. Briefly explain how one works.
- c. Observe an MRI or one being performed and explain what information can be learned from such a test.
- d. Observe a neuron under a microscope.
- e. Observe someone receiving a local or general anesthetic and explain how an anesthetic works.
- f. Observe a real human brain (fresh or preserved)