AY Honor Bubbles
Bubbles are not only filled with whimsy - they are also filled with wonder! Marvel at the science behind bubble formation as you explore the hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties of the molecules involved in bubble formation. Then return to the whimsy as you make huge bubbles!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
- a. What water quality works best for bubbles? What impurities negatively affect bubble quality?
- b. What soaps are best for bubble solution?
- c. What is the purpose of glycerin or corn syrup in a solution?
- d. Learn a formula for a bubble solution and mix a batch of bubble solution.
- e. Evaluate your bubble solution and make a better recipe if necessary.