AY Honor CPR
When a person's heart stops beating, they do not immediately die. Compressing their chest will supply oxygen to their brain while you wait for the paramedics, and could easily be the difference between life and death. Thousands of people have had their lives saved by this technique.
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for VOYAGER Health and Fitness which require completion of this Honor.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
1. Successfully complete a class sponsored by either the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or an equivalent under a certified instructor in order to properly learn and demonstrate one-person CPR. This must be within the past 12 months.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/Complete a Course
- AY Honors/Health Master Award/B
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Health and Science
- AY Honors/Health and Science
- AY Honors/Introduced in 1986
- AY Honors/Skill Level 2
- AY Honors/Approved by General Conference
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honors/IAConnection