AY Honor Ceramics Requirements used by North American Division
1. Tell briefly the history of early ceramics.
2. Know what is meant by the following terms:
- a. Greenware
- b. Bisque
- c. Decal
- d. Kiln
- e. Glaze
- f. Slip
- g. Mender
- h. Stain
3. Explain the use of cones in kilns.
4. Know how and when to use underglaze, glaze and stain.
5. Know what tools are used in completing your projects in ceramics.
6. Know the difference between glaze and food-safe glaze.
7. Complete two of the following using underglaze on one item, and food-safe glaze on the second item:
- a. Cookie jar
- b. Pie plate
- c. Vase
- d. Flower planter
- e. Candy dish
- f. Mug
- g. Item of your choice