AY Honor Christian Visitation Requirements
1. Define Christian Visitation.
2. As a member of the church family, what are your responsibilities with regards to other members?
3. Discuss with a group the spiritual benefits of Christian visitation from the following perspectives:
- a. Spiritual Growth
- b. Personal Growth
4. Discover how to utilize Christian visitation as a tool for church health and determine how your church can utilize this information.
5. Discover how your local church can create and utilize a list of sick and homebound members. With a group, discuss and evaluate the types of undertakings that are in place to address their needs.
6. Discuss with a group the biblical context of four of the following texts as they relate to Christian visitation.
- a. Matthew 25:36
- b. James 5:13-16
- c. Galatians 5:14
- d. 1 John 3:17
- e. James 1:27
- f. Philippians 2:4
- g. Or a text of your choice
7. Briefly describe the following five main aspects of visitation:
- a. Listening
- b. Praying
- c. Reading the Bible
- d. Helping/serving
- e. Presence
8. Briefly describe the following types of visitations:
- a. Soul winning
- b. Hospital
- c. Sick
- d. Homebound
- e. Welcome
- f. Inactive member
- g. Discouraged
9. Role play two of the visitations in the previous requirement.
10. Read Matthew 9:18-35. Briefly describe the interaction Jesus had with those He encountered who were sick. What was His reaction towards them?
11. With a group, organize a special program that places emphasis on the love of Christ. Visit a facility where people would enjoy knowing that someone cares enough to come and present a program.
12. With a group, develop an effective worship experience that can minister to someone facing the following situations:
Able or unable to communicate
With or without a mental deficit
13. Briefly describe the following types of behavior required when planning your visit:
- a. Go two-by-two
- b. Know the names of those who will be visited
- c. Be respectful and courteous
- d. Be positive and affirming
- e. Be sensitive and peaceful
- f. Avoid verbal excessiveness
- g. Be clean and neat
14. Plan and visit someone who is homebound. Use your creative worship experience developed in requirement 12.
15. Plan and visit a member of your Pathfinder club or your church who has not attended for an extended period of time.