1. Give the scientific name of the dog family.
2. Name five distinctive characteristics of the dog family.
3. Identify from pictures or personal observation five wild members of the dog family.
4. Identify from pictures or personal observation 25 different breeds of dogs.
5. Name five contributions the dog family has made to man.
6. Give the name of the smallest and largest breed of dog.
7. Write or describe orally the value to man of the following dogs:
- a. Seeing-eye
- b. Saint Bernard
- c. Shepherd
- d. Collie
- e. Eskimo
8. Write or tell what special contribution dogs have made to man in wartime.
9. Identify from pictures or personal observation five dogs that are classed as "toy" dogs.
10. What is the only dog that has a wholly blue or black tongue?
11. Which is the fastest-running dog?
12. Which member of the "toy" dogs has become the most popular?
13. What dog has been especially helpful in tracking criminals?
14. Write or tell a dog story.