AY Honor Forestry - Advanced Answer Key
- a. common and scientific name
- b. range of tree
- c. height and diameter of tree at maturity
- d. economic importance of tree
- e. important pests (insects, disease, etc.) of the tree
- f. habitat of tree, forest zone, and elevation
- g. common age of rotation (harvesting) for various uses
The answers in your area may vary. In British Columbia there is a combination of private and government (Crown) forest land.
You are going to need to plant some trees. Some young people make summer jobs out of tree planting. If you just want to do some planting to earn the honor, check with State or Provincial Parks for volunteer reforestation opportunities. You might also try Duck Unlimited or similar non-profit entities that manage conservation land.