Use: Used a component in a back splice and in the double crown knot. Can be used to temporarily prevent the ends of a laid rope from unraveling.
How to tie:
- Make a constriction around the rope about 7.5 cm from the end. You can constrict it by tying a constrictor knot around the rope with a bit of twine, or you can tape it.
- Unravel the end of the rope all the way to the constriction.
- Bind the ends of the strands with tape to keep them from unraveling.
- Double one strand (strand A) over itself and lay it between the other two (strands B and C), leaving a loop in its center.
- Pull strand B over the end of strand A and lay it between strands A and C.
- Pass strand C through the loop made in strand A.
- Tighten all three strands carefully.
for an animation.