AY Honor Lettering & Poster Making Requirements
1. Write from memory the complete lower case alphabet in two of the following: Gothic, Roman, or Italic.
2. Demonstrate when the different sizes and types of pens are to be used.
3. State at least four principles in making a poster attractive and distinctive. Know how to make correct margins for the size of paper you are using.
4. Make three posters in a variety of sizes to be used by any of the following groups: Sabbath School, church, school, Pathfinder Club, or AY Society. Use at least two different types of lettering in these posters.
5. Make five additional posters on topics of your own choice. These posters will be judged for acceptance on the following three conditions:
- a. Arrangement
- b. Neatness
- c. Selection in type of lettering used.
6. Practice all strokes until they can be done smoothly and accurately.