AY Honor Oceans
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/Oceans
The oceans and seas cover approximately 70.8% of the surface of Earth and contains 97% of Earth's water. The oceans are integral to life on Earth! Learn how saltwater is produced, the names of the oceans of the world, how tides are generated, and much more in this honor!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
12. Do at least two of the following activities:
- a. Watch a video about oceans or the organisms that live in the ocean.
- b. Visit a zoo or aquarium that has an ocean exhibit. Think about which oceanic zones the creatures you see would live in.
- c. Put together a short video or slide presentation about what others are doing to help protect the oceans and its inhabitants from pollution. Include a few of your own ideas for helping the oceans.
- d. Draw or paint a picture of something that you enjoyed learning while studying about oceans.
- e. Visit an ocean or sea. Observe what you have studied regarding tides, currents, wind and wildlife.