AY Honor Personal Evangelism Requirements
1. Through Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White study how Jesus treated people on a one-to-one basis. Write a 500-word report or give a five-minute oral report of what you learned.
2. Show that you have a personal daily devotional life for at least six months.
3. Do two of the following:
- a. Take part in one of the following:
- (1) Evangelistic meetings
- (2) Youth Evangelistic meetings
- (3) Community service van activities
- (4) Cooking school seminars
- (5) Stop Smoking seminars
- (6) Weight loss seminars
- (7) Stress management seminars
- In your choice of the above, do the following:
- (a) Take part in the organization of the activity.
- (b) Take part in the setting up of the meeting place.
- (c) Assist in the advertising.
- (d) Find out where the finances came from for the outreach project and what expenses were incurred.
- (e) Be involved in the operation and running of the outreach project on a regular basis.
- b. Assist in the organization and planning of one of the following outreach projects and participate in the project at least ten hours:
- (1) Community beautification project, such as landscaping or improving a public area.
- (2) Story hour.
- (3) Clown ministry.
- (4) Puppet ministry.
- (5) Prepare Christmas stockings for underprivileged children.
- (6) Food and/or clothing distribution to the needy.
- (7) Programs and visits to a nursing home, orphanage, or pediatrics ward of a hospital.
- (8) Similar project approved by a Master Guide or AY leader.
- c. Do all of the planning and organization and participate at least 15 hours in one of the following outreach projects:
- (1) Free yard care or housework for the elderly.
- (2) Teach in a lower division Sabbath School department.
- (3) Temperance talks.
- (4) Tutoring of younger students.
- (5) Volunteer work in a hospital or nursing home.
- (6) Supplying books and games to a hospital.
- 7) Help with the rehabilitation of a physically handicapped person.
- (8) Make posters and art projects for a hospital, nursing home, or orphanage.
- (9) Adopt a Grandparent Program.
- (10) Similar project approved by a Master Guide, AY or Pathfinder leader.