AY Honor Praise and Worship Requirements
1. Discuss the following as they relate to Christian corporate praise and worship.
- a. Worship style (give examples)
- b. Praise & worship (what is praise and worship? How are they similar? Different? How do they work together in a church service?)
- c. Worship leading
- d. Praise and worship group
2. As a group, briefly describe corporate praise and worship from your perspective. In your assessment, address the following soul searching questions:
- a. Why am I here in church service?
- b. Why do I do what I do during worship and praise?
- c. What does my worship style say about my relationship with the Lord?
- d. Is my worship acceptable to the Lord?
- e. How might my favored worship style going to facilitate or hinder the congregation from entering into worship?
3. Discuss the biblical context of four of the following texts as they relate to corporate praise and worship:
- a. Genesis 4:3-7
- b. Exodus 20:2-6
- c. 1 Chronicles 13:8
- d. Psalm 100
- e. Psalm 117:1-2
- f. Ecclesiastes 3:4
- g. Acts 16:25-26
- h. Colossians 3:16
- i. John 4:24
4. Interview someone who leads in praise and worship on a regular basis, using the following questions and ask:
- a. How do you prepare for praise and worship?
- b. How does your personal devotional experience affect your ability to lead praise and worship?
- c. Do spiritual lows affect your praise and worship leadership experience?
- d. How do you prepare others for a praise and worship experience?
5. Briefly explain some of the benefits of developing a praise and worship routine in your personal life.
6. Discuss various forms of praise and worship styles you have observed. In your discussions, outline what you found to be acceptable versus what you felt was not acceptable, along with your reasons in support of your choices.
7. Within your church or family worship, list what instruments play a significant role in your praise and worship experience.
8. Discuss how each of the following non-musical methods can be used as a part of a corporate praise and worship experience (in addition to the worship music):
- a. Scriptural Readings
- b. Arts and Crafts
- c. Visual Effects
- d. Role Plays and Skits
- e. Testimonies
9. Develop a creative corporate praise and worship experience, addressing the following questions:
- a. Which instruments would you use?
- b. What time frame do you have?
- c. What songs or styles of music would you sing?
- d. What other elements (prayers, testimonies, quotes, biblical verses) would you also wish to include?
- e. How do these elements all contribute to the chosen theme?
10. Develop a creative mini-praise and worship experience that can minister to an individual or to a group experiencing situations such as the following:
- a. Feeling sick, but able to speak
- b. Experienced the loss of a loved one
- c. Blessed with a new member of the family
- d. Recently accepted the Lord as their personal Savior
11. With a group, plan and present a creative praise and worship experience to someone who is not able to attend services.
12. After completing the creative praise and worship experience, meet with your planning group to analyze your presentation. Discuss the following:
- a. What went well and what did not?
- b. What portions seemed to speak to the individual(s) to who you were ministering?
- c. How did you grow?
- d. What would you do differently next time?