AY Honor Prayer Requirements
1. As a group or with a friend discuss:
- a. What do you think prayer is?
- b. Why do you believe prayer is important?
- c. Do you think a person can be a Christian and not pray?
2. Individually or as a group, examine the two versions of the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4) found in the gospels.
- a. What are the differences?
- b. When might one of the versions be more appropriate than the other in your spiritual life?
- c. Why do you think the Lord’s Prayer is important to Christianity? To you?
3. Locate six prayers in the Bible (at least 2 of Jesus’ and 2 in the Old Testament), then:
- a. Read / listen to each prayer
- b. Discover who prayed, what they prayed for, and why they prayed.
- c. Discover the result of each prayer
4. Learn the A C T S for prayer and list an example of a prayer of each type in the Bible.
- a. A – Adoration (Praise)
- b. C – Confession
- c. T – Thanksgiving
- d. S – Supplication (Requests)
5. As a group or with a friend, read / listen to and discuss the chapter on Prayer in the book Steps to Christ.
6. As a group or with a friend, discuss how you have seen God answer personal prayer, whether your prayers or those of a friend or family member.
7. Develop a personal prayer life by praying daily for a month for:
- A mission / missionary
- Person(s) who are ill
- A church or school leader
- An issue(s) affecting the neighbors of your community.
- Share your experience with your group and/or instructor.
8. Pray with someone that has a physical, emotional, or spiritual need.